Customer Service Manager - North America
The Lallemand Plant Care Supply Chain Department is looking for a Customer Service Manager to oversee day-to-day operations to maintain work organization and efficiency, increase satisfaction, loyalty and customer retention and meet their expectations. Reporting to the Supply Chain Manager, the Customer Service Manager will accomplish department objectives by managing staff, planning and evaluating department activities. He/She will maintain high service standards by analyzing and resolving quality and customer service issues.
The candidate is ideally located in Sault. Ste-Marie, Ontario, Canada, and works from the office, with a partial possibility of working from home. If the person is not located there, the person must be working from home in Canada or the United States and be ready to travel to Sault Ste Marie on a regular basis at least in the first 6 months to facilitate integration and training.
The main activities will be as follows:
- Ensures the quality and efficiency of the department in the following activities:
- Customer service management (order process, ERP, discount, inter-company transfers, sample orders, customer files, shipping, order packages, and customer returns process).
- Relationship management (internal and external stakeholders).
- Onboarding new customers.
- Complaint management and troubleshooting.
- Reception tasks and administration.
- Establishes strategic goals and define objectives for the department.
- Promote and maintain good collaboration and communication within the team and with and all stakeholders.
- Motivates the team to achieve objectives while ensuring a healthy and pleasant work environment for all.
- Maintain an orderly workflow according to priorities.
- Develops, coordinates, and enforces systems, policies, procedures, services, and productivity standards.
- Prepares an annual budget by planning needs and expenses for the team and department.
- Keep ahead of industry’s developments and apply best practices to areas of improvement.
- Is a key resource in terms of knowledge of products, services, and customer service processes.
- Analyze statistics and compile accurate reports.
- Gather and analyze data to develop ideas used for optimization of supply chain operations.
- Monitor product movement and inventory levels to ensure prompt order fulfillment while identifying and reporting sources of problems or inventory shortfalls.
- Contributes to the team effort by participating in daily activities (refer to the Customer Service Advisor job description).
- Accomplishes staff results by communicating job expectations, planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Train, coach and develop team members.
- Recruit, mentor and develop team members and nurture an environment where they can excel through encouragement and empowerment.
- Manage employee file, salary, and personal information.
- Ensure health, safety, and security for its team.
Customer Service Specifics
- Responsible for providing outstanding customer service by leading and motivating its team and developing loyalty programs to increase customer satisfaction.
- Improve customer service experience, create engaged customers, and facilitate organic growth.
- Take ownership of customers issues and follow problems through to resolution.
- Respond to complaints logged by commercial teams related to customer service and logistics.
- Keep accurate records and document customer service actions and discussions.
- Develop a customer service survey, implement, follow-up, analyze results and suggest improvements.
- Assist with financial audits as related to customer orders.
At Lallemand Plant Care, we encourage autonomy, innovation, collaboration; routine is not part of our vocabulary! As we grow, we offer career and professional development opportunities locally and internationally. If you are looking for a challenging job where your opinion is valued and you feel you can make a difference, both in your work and to the environment and society, you have come to the right place.
- College diploma in administration or supply chain or logistics or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience in a customer service and/or logistics and/or supply chain and/or administrative role
- Experience in providing customer service support. In a manufacturing industry an asset
- Good level of accounting knowledge
- Advanced computer skills (Microsoft 365, ERP/CRM programs)
- Performance management
- Project management
- Quality management
- Budget management
- Developing policies, procedures, service, and productivity standards
- Excellent knowledge of management methods and techniques
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills. Ability to provide written communication to customers that free of spelling or grammatical errors
- Experience in a management position
- Ability to think strategically and to lead
- Enthusiastic personality and enjoys working with the public
- Strong client-facing and communication skills
- Advanced troubleshooting and multi-tasking skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Giving feedback
- Foster teamwork
- Results driven
- Comfortable in a complex and fast-paced environment
- Handles pressure
- Strong ability to learn new computer systems.
- Self-aware, reflective, and able to learn from mistakes. Shows an ability to learn quickly while on the job
- Excellent work ethic, discretion, and respect for confidential information
- Ethical and honest
- Be available to travail up to 10% annually
- Be able to sit for long periods of time
- Be comfortable to work on a computer for long period of time
Lallemand is a privately held Canadian company founded in the late 19th century, which develops, produces, and markets microorganisms for various markets. The administrative offices of the parent company are in Montreal, Canada. Today, Lallemand employs more than 4,500 people working in more than 45 countries on 5 continents.
Yeasts, bacteria, fungi: microorganisms have always lived in harmony with plants since their origin and are now recognized for their multiple agronomic benefits. As a world specialist in microorganisms, Lallemand Plant Care carefully selects strains for agricultural use, to improve the nutrition, health, and productivity of plants.
Lallemand Plant Care is a growing business unit and offers many opportunities for career development and professional development on a local and international scale. Joining the Lallemand Plant Care team means collaborating with people who work passionately to develop sustainable, efficient, and clean solutions for agriculture professionals, horticulture, green spaces, and the forestry sector. We regularly recruit new talent from around the world to support our growth and our sales, logistics, marketing, production and research and development efforts.
Please take note that accommodations will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.