From October 28, 2022
to December 15, 2022
Quality Assurance and Control
As soon as possible
Permanent - Full time
7pm to 7am after training completed. Weekends on rotation.
Competitive social benefits
To consistently perform precise and accurate laboratory testing on a variety of samples such as raw
materials, in-process, finished product, environmental samples, etc. to ensure the quality of inputs
and outputs of all cream yeast and packaged products.
▪ Performs baking tests as required to evaluate yeast quality and performance.
▪ Performs chemical and physical analyses including but not limited to moisture, protein, phosphate, starch, salt, specific gravity, brix, sludge and NIR.
▪ Performs tests on our wastewater streams and biobed including total suspended solids (TSS), Chemical Oxygen Demand (COD), sludge profile, volatile fatty acids (VFA), and alkalinity.
▪ Performs yeast appearance and sensory testing including odor, color and texture analysis.
▪ Performs microbiological testing including master aseptic plating and transfers, media preparation techniques and pathogen testing for Salmonella and Listeria. Prepares various media and reagents.
▪ Performs sampling in the plant of raw materials including process water, molasses, production line and receivers/fermenters, etc.
▪ Prepares and inoculates laboratory culture vessels required for the first factory fermentation stage.
▪ Performs quality control checks on finished product.
▪ Prepares and sends samples to external laboratories.
▪ Maintains, calibrates and/or verifies laboratory equipment. Troubleshoots and corrects equipment problems. Completes required general cleaning or housekeeping duties according to frequencies established.
▪ Participates in the various proficiency testing programs to ensure the reproducibility and accuracy of the data generated by the laboratory.
▪ Properly documents and reports laboratory data. Records data manually and/or electronically.
▪ Communicates results to production departments and Laboratory Manager as needed.▪ Interprets testing results and places nonconforming product on hold pending rework/disposition instructions by the QA/QC or Laboratory Manager.
▪ Applies Good Laboratory Practices, ISO 17025 principles, Lean Six Sigma Tools and Health and Safety practices in their day-to-day work.
▪ Train fellow laboratory technicians and learn new techniques as needed.
▪ Other duties as assigned
Lallemand is a privately held Canadian company founded in the late 19th century, which develops, produces, and markets microorganisms for various markets. The administrative offices of the parent company are in Montreal, Canada. Today, Lallemand employs more than 4,500 people working in more than 45 countries on 5 continents.
Lallemand Baking offers a range of superior quality baker's yeast – both fresh and dry varieties – and specialty ingredients to meet bakers' needs across North America, Europe, the Middle East, and Africa. Baking cultures and dough conditioners round out our impressive product range.
The Lallemand baking team's many branches collaborate closely to provide innovative products and efficient services, backed by a skilled technical support team in each region of operations.
Please take note that accommodations will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
© 2022 Lallemand Inc. All right reserved