Within a highly technical bio-processing operation the plant manager role is to ensure smooth operation, performance and cohesion of all plant departments.This ensures the accomplishment of all manufacturing objectives, on time and in a cost-effective manner.
- Coordinates and leads daily discussions with department managers within the plant to ensure the production schedule is respected according to time, quality, food safety objectives and within cost;
- Collaborates across the company's internal business units, to suport each others needs;
- Supports overall sales growth by providing stability and flexibilty to meet customer demands;
- Develops and manages the plant's overall and capital projects budget, ensuring costs are kept in-line throughout the year;
- Supports continuous improvement and leads by example;
- Oversees the purchasing of raw materials;
- Ensuring quality expectations are met by suppliers;
- Ensures a well maintained plant;
- Actively participates in capital projects and process improvements. Keeping projects on time and on budget;
- Establishes KPI's in all relevant areas. Initiating timely corrective actions against any non-conformities;
- Ensure timely investigations of customer requests and complaints;
- Assist department managers and/or employees in problem solving;
- Responsible for maintaining all facility EHS, including all required record keeping and reporting;
- Also ensuring compliance with all occupational health and safety standards;
- Provide leadership fostering good employee relations and engagement through effective communications. Handles the day-to-day management of human resources, including plant personel selection and hiring process;
- Ensuring succession planning throughout the plant;
- Provides leadership in external communications, such as the neighborhood, relevant authorities and our sister plants;
- Ensures plant personel understand and comply with all forms of Safety and Quality System programs. (Food security, HACCP, GMP, SQF, Environmenmtal);
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Science, Engineering or Operations Management.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in manufacturing operational management, preferably within the food, ingredient or brewing industries.
- Demonstrated ability to lead through a servant leadership and continuous improvement mindset.
- Ability to interact with and analyze data to draw actionable conclusions.
- Professional knowledge of Microsoft Office and other software management technologies.
- Knowledge of Industrial fermentation and enzyme production.
- Foster collaboration and teamwork
- Lead with integrity and respect
- Proven ability to deliver results
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written, oral and listening communication skills
- Champion of change
- Ability to see the big picture with strong attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to motivate people
- Comfortable in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
Lallemand is a privately held Canadian company founded in the late 19th century, which develops, produces, and markets microorganisms for various markets. The administrative offices of the parent company are in Montreal, Canada. Today, Lallemand employs more than 5,000 people working in more than 45 countries on 5 continents.
Lallemand's Bio-Ingredients business unit has decades of experience as a quality yeast producer for the savory, health, and biotech industries.
We produce a wide range of products including yeast extracts, inactive yeasts and their derivatives for flavour enhancers, enriched mineral and vitamin yeasts for the health supplement and health food markets, and high-grade yeast extracts for the biotech industry. These products are propelled across the globe thanks to our impressive reach and a large dedicated team that serves our customers worldwide.
The Bio-Ingredients team is proud of the strong partnerships it has forged with its clients, relying on trust and cooperation in order to develop custom solutions for each individual business. Check out the available career opportunities in North America and several European countries.
Please take note that accommodations will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.