"We are currently looking for a flexible Maintenance Manager in a 24 hrs /7 day a week production site to join our team in Memphis, TN."
The Maintenance Manager will be responsible for managing the various pieces of equipment and systems which include troubleshooting, repair and in maintaining the flow of production according to safety, preventive, predictive and productive maintenance systems, and processes to support the achievement of the site’s business goals and objectives.
The job entails mentoring, coaching, training, instructing, and offering guidance to a group of great maintenance electrotechnicians while also being actively involved in any maintenance activities.
This position requires a high level of teamwork, problem-solving skills, and mechanical troubleshooting abilities, along with the outside of the box thinking. Your efforts and that of your team will allow you the ability to maximize the longevity of the machinery and the equipment's performance while focusing on cost savings initiatives.
- Promote a culture that builds, operates, and maintains plant that are operationally sound, safe, and reliable. Strong communication and collaboration abilities with other department Managers.
- Implement leading reliability excellence practices and raise the performance of the department by monitoring key performance indicators (i.e. equipment down time, operator safety indexes, etc.).
- Promoting and administering Safety Policies and communicating safety related information and enforcing safe manufacturing procedures/practices to meet and exceed OHSA standards.
- Manage and prioritize maintenance work orders scheduling while addressing corrective work order scheduling.
- Effectively guide, direct, coach, train, mentor and advise the maintenance team.
- Build maintenance schedules and ensure each task is completed timely.
- Responsible for reducing cost through total Preventive Maintenance methodologies & CMMS.
- Work closely with maintenance personnel form other Lallemand locations to prevent problems with machinery and equipment.
- Install, troubleshoot, repair, and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems.
- Support all current equipment and new machinery and process introductions.
- Determine and eliminate root causes and diminish occurrence in the maintenance process.
- Support electrotechnician’s training to develop skills and knowledge of the equipment and machinery repair for efficiency of maintenance.
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline (Mechanical, Electrical) Preference for Mechanical Engineering degree. Preferred
- 10+ years related industry experience or an equivalent combination of education within a production/manufacturing environment. Fermentation, Dairy and chemical industry experience preference. HACCP/PCQI/GMP knowledge.
- Demonstrated ability to provide and maintain a safe and effective working environment.
- Project development and Capital execution, plant project management experience.
- Experience with condition-based maintenance and Root Cause Failure Analysis.
- Advanced knowledge of Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Working knowledge of budgets, process reports, and other financial statements.
- Proficient with standard software products.
- ERP experience required.
- Reliability-Centered Maintenance training and experience is highly desirable.
- Proven communication and organizational skills: setting clear, reasonable expectations/managing/measuring team deliverables.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from internal/external customers.
- Ability to successfully negotiate contractual agreements by reading, analyzing and interpreting complex documents.
- Strong organizational skills for the performance of a variety of complex administrative duties. Ability to prioritize tasks.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of supervision and management. A demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others.
- Accuracy and attention to detail; logical and methodical approach to problem solving.
Lallemand is a privately held Canadian company founded in the late 19th century, which develops, produces, and markets microorganisms for various markets. The administrative offices of the parent company are in Montreal, Canada. Today, Lallemand employs more than 5,000 people working in more than 45 countries on 5 continents.
Lallemand Baking offers a range of superior quality baker's yeast – both fresh and dry varieties – and specialty ingredients to meet bakers' needs across North America, Europe, the Middle East, and Africa. Baking cultures and dough conditioners round out our impressive product range.
The Lallemand baking team's many branches collaborate closely to provide innovative products and efficient services, backed by a skilled technical support team in each region of operations.
Please take note that accommodations will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.