From April 01, 2021
to June 30, 2021
Quality Assurance and Control
As soon as possible
Permanent - Full time
10 years and more
On-site position with no remote work options during regular work hours. Must be flexible to provide support during off-hours or off-shift & weekends
Based on experience
Competitive social benefits
The Laboratory Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operation of the Quality Control Laboratory to ensure smooth flow of samples and testing to generate accurate and repeatable data that can be relied upon. Hands-on laboratory testing is also expected as required.
▪ Oversee quality control testing and associated data throughout the production cycle, including the testing of raw materials, fermentation process stages, and final products. ▪ Responsible for final product release. Inform production management of any out of specification product for immediate corrective and preventative action to be taken;
▪ Supervise testing activities to ensure repeatability and reproducibility of data while preserving high productivity and technical integrity. Ensure all data are recorded in the appropriate data repository in a timely manner;
▪ Create and/or leverage tools for data analytics to identify and report data trends and anomalies;
▪ Periodically review and visually audit laboratory staff testing to ensure compliance with standard operating procedures;
▪ Hire, train, coach and review the performance of Laboratory Technicians. Counsel lab staff regarding problems encountered in daily lab operations. Take disciplinary action as needed in collaboration with production management;
▪ Ensures good laboratory practices are always maintained in an ordered and safe work environment;
▪ Ensure the laboratory’s compliance with current standards (ISO 17025) and federal, state/provincial, and local labor regulations including compliance to the Union Contract (where applicable);
▪ Coordinates analyses done through external laboratories as required;
▪ Supervise and train or oversee training of employees in the use of new laboratory equipment or analytical techniques;
▪ Promote and enhance a positive team environment;
▪ Ensure an adequate inventory of laboratory supplies and equipment, within prescribed budgetary limit;
▪ Schedule calibration and preventive maintenance on laboratory equipment as needed. Troubleshoot and correct equipment issues when necessary;
▪ Participates in the monitoring of the environmental program as required;
▪ Participate in ring tests and other proficiency tests as scheduled;
▪ On-site position with no remote work options during regular work hours;
▪ Must be flexible to provide support during off-hours or off-shifts & weekends;
▪ Perform duties work as assigned.
Lallemand is a privately held Canadian company, founded at the end of the 19th century, specializing in the development, production and marketing of yeasts and bacteria. The company is comprised of 11 major business units, each focused on specific applications of yeast and bacteria, with activities throughout worldwide. Administrative offices for the parent company are in Montreal, Canada. Today, Lallemand employs more than 4500 people working across more than 45 countries, on 5 continents.
Lallemand Baking offers a range of superior quality baker's yeast – both fresh and dry varieties – and specialty ingredients to meet bakers' needs across North America, Europe, the Middle East, and Africa. Baking cultures and dough conditioners round out our impressive product range.
The Lallemand baking team's many branches collaborate closely to provide innovative products and efficient services, backed by a skilled technical support team in each region of operations.
© 2021 Lallemand Inc. All right reserved