We have an exciting opportunity available for a Process Engineer role and a great opportunity to join GB Ingredients, part of the Lallemand Group.
Do you have previous experience within the food/ brewery sectors? If so, we would love to hear from you!
This role provides support for process development and continuous improvement (CI) in our yeast manufacturing plant at Felixstowe. This is a great opportunity to join an organization who welcome those looking to progress with their professional development and are capable for working on their own initiative in a fast-paced manufacturing environment. As a result of our global success, there are opportunities for exceptional candidates to progress throughout the business.
The role will be based at Felixstowe and will report to the CI & CAPEX Projects Manager.
Key responsibilities / accountabilities:
- Leads significant improvements in factory processes using appropriate improvement techniques e.g. root cause analysis, Stable Operation, Visual Management, 5S etc
- Participates in and/or lead specific studies directed at CI, process development and/or optimization
- Develops, designs and integrates new technologies into production. Process design & detail engineering including diagrams, design calculations and selection of equipment, etc. for tenders
The role must deliver (internal and external) customer requirements on time and in full on a routine basis. This will involve excellent planning and coordination of people, plant and work processes to deliver the most cost-effective solutions for the business. Typical examples will include:
- Assist managers in troubleshooting process issues as required
- Assist and support managers in developing key manufacturing performances strategies and reports. Including overall equipment effectiveness (OEE), plus relevant production, quality, safety and people performance indicators
- Gain yeast manufacturing process knowledge while working on the various improvement or optimization studies
- Ensuring that customers’ requirements are fulfilled according to the scope of work and fully planned in liaison with the area owner
- Ensuring that this plan is fully aligned with any upstream/downstream processes and that resources (human and plant) are planned, available and ready to deliver these plans
- Support key performance indicators (KPIs) management in liaison with areas owner
- Help to understand, analyse and tackle any known constraints within plant area using a structured approaches
Plant maintenance and projects
- Liaises with Engineering, Upstream/Downstream Manager/Day Production Coordinator roles and operators to ensure alignment between continuous improvement processes
- Assists Engineering Manager in ensuring that individual production lines and assets have the best possible overall equipment effectiveness (OEE)
- Initiates ideas for capex/opex projects and/or other initiatives; and ensures that these are properly assessed for cost and benefit while writing comprehensive scope of work
- Actively engaged during project start-up phase in order to ensure project safe and timely completion
Quality, environment, safety and health (QESH) advocate
- The incumbent must demonstrate clear and responsible commitment to compliance to all relevant QESH standards, Company Policies, site values and behaviors
- Degree qualified (2:1 or above) in food manufacturing, chemical, biochemical engineering science discipline
- Numerate – comfortable with data analysis
- Computer literacy, including Microsoft Office
- Familiarity with food industry standard equipment and technical expertise used for example in Beer or Milk industries
- Strong organisational and project management skills
- Experience of lean manufacturing techniques
- Experience in designing and implementing technology on a production line
- Demonstrates commitment and a good understanding of health and safety for self and others
- Effective communication, influencing and presentation skills
- Self-starter – ability to work off own initiative
- Results focused “can do” attitude with an ability to prioritise effectively and remain focused on priorities
Lallemand is a privately held Canadian company, founded at the end of the 19th century, specializing in the development, production and marketing of yeasts and bacteria. The company is comprised of 11 major business units, each focused on specific applications of yeast and bacteria, with activities throughout worldwide. Administrative offices for the parent company are in Montreal, Canada. Today, Lallemand employs more than 4500 people working across more than 45 countries, on 5 continents.
Lallemand Baking offers a range of superior quality baker's yeast – both fresh and dry varieties – and specialty ingredients to meet bakers' needs across North America, Europe, the Middle East, and Africa. Baking cultures and dough conditioners round out our impressive product range.
The Lallemand baking team's many branches collaborate closely to provide innovative products and efficient services, backed by a skilled technical support team in each region of operations.