Plant Manager - Memphis, TN
Within a 24/7 highly automated bioprocessing operation, the Plant Manager's role is to ensure the smooth operation, performance, and cohesion of plant departments to ensure the accomplishment of total manufaturing objectives in timely and cost-effective manner. Through his/her strong and mobilizing leadership, the Plant Manager plans, directs, organizes, and controls production activities to deliver on expectations on-time and within-budget. The Plant Manager ensures a high level of employee and customer satisfaction while improving the efficiency of labor, equipment and machinery.
- Coordinates and leads daily discussions with department managers within the plant to ensure the production schedule is respected according to time, quality, food safety objectives, and cost.
- Collaborates across company's internal business units to produce commerical productsa and/or conduct and document new product trials
- Supports overall sales growth by providing stabilty and flexibility to our customers' demands.
- Develops and manages the plant's operational budget to meet expectations during and at fiscal-year end.
- Oversees the purchasing of raw materials to ensure quality expectations are met by vendors.
- Well maintain plant facilities and equipment; manage capital assets through acquisition and necessary ongoing maintenance to maxmize up-time.
- Actively participate in captial projects and process improvements in collaboration with the Division's Technical Improvement Department, and/or oversee capital projects led at the plant level to ensure successful completion on-time and within-budget.
- Establishes Key Performance Indicators in all relevant areas, and manage performane for achievement. Initatite corrective actions in a timely manner against non-conformities.
- Ensures the timely and effective investigation and resolution of customer issues and/or complaints. Communicate with sales and distribution personnel to meet company objectives in customer satisfaction.
- Accompanies department managers and/or employees in problem-solving within a framework of continous improvement.
- Responsibe for successfully maintaining all facility EHS including all required recordkeeping and reporting. Ensures compliance with occupational health and safety standards.
- Provides leadership for employee relations and engagement through effective communication, coaching, training, and development. Ensures the day-to-day management of human resoures, including plant personnel selection and hiring processes. Ensures succession planning through the plant.
- Provides leadership in external communicaitons such as the neighborhood, relevant authorities, and our sister plants in North America.
- Ensures plant personnel participate in and comply with the various Quality System programs, including GMP/Sanitation, HACCP, FSSC, Safety & Environmental.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Professional knowledge of Microsoft Office and other software managment technologies
- Ability to interact with and analyze digital data to draw actionable conclusions
- Demonstrated ability to lead through a servant leadership and continuous improvement mindset
- Miniumum of 10 years of experience in manufacturing operational management, preferrably within the food or food ingredient industries
- Bachelor's degree in Science, Engineering or Operations Management
- Knowlege of industrial fermentation
- Ability to see the big picture yet with strong attention to detail
- Champion of change
- Excellent written, oral and listening communication skills
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to deliver results
- Lead with integrity and respect
- Foster collaboration and teamwork
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to motivate people
- Comfortable in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
Lallemand is a privately held Canadian company, founded at the end of the 19th century, specializing in the development, production and marketing of yeasts and bacteria. The company is comprised of 11 major business units, each focused on specific applications of yeast and bacteria, with activities throughout worldwide. Administrative offices for the parent company are in Montreal, Canada. Today, Lallemand employs more than 4500 people working across more than 45 countries, on 5 continents.
Lallemand Baking offers a range of superior quality baker's yeast – both fresh and dry varieties – and specialty ingredients to meet bakers' needs across North America, Europe, the Middle East, and Africa. Baking cultures and dough conditioners round out our impressive product range.
The Lallemand baking team's many branches collaborate closely to provide innovative products and efficient services, backed by a skilled technical support team in each region of operations.
Please take note that accommodations will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.