- Direct and prioritize the troubleshooting and repair of production equipment to minimize down time and maximize efficiency.
- Provide input for the maintenance department budget. Operate within established budgetary guidelines.
- Facilitate the purchasing and inventory process for spare parts through the UNIX system.
- Hire, train, develop, and evaluate maintenance department employees. Take corrective action, as necessary, in a timely manner and in accordance with company policy. Act as a communications liaison for plant management and maintenance personnel. Ensure compliance with current federal, state and local labor regulations.
- Contract with, organizes and supervise the work of outside contractors and vendors.
- Implement continuous process and equipment improvements to affect quality, efficiency, and production costs.
- Facilitate preventative maintenance activities through a coordinated effort with plant management to minimize lost production time.
- Comply with applicable environmental regulations, i.e. OSHA, and participate in quality system programs, including GMP, HACCP and ISO.
- Provides hands-on maintenance services when necessary.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Accuracy and attention to detail; logical and methodical approach to problem solving.
- Working knowledge of GMP, HACCP, Safety and ISO programs, along with basic understanding of pumps, conveyors, valves, PLC’s and variable frequency drives.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of supervision and management.
- Strong organizational skills for the performance of a variety of complex administrative duties. Ability to prioritize tasks.
- Ability to successfully negotiate contractual agreements by reading, analyzing, and interpreting complex documents.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from internal/external customers.
- Ability to develop and maintain productive and positive relationships with federal/state/local agencies, vendors, customers, and employees.
- Knowledge of local building codes, OSHA regulations, and food safety regulations.
- Strong mechanical aptitude, and a working knowledge of electrical, and mechanical systems
- Demonstrated trouble shooting and diagnostic skills.
Lallemand is a privately held Canadian company, founded at the end of the 19th century, specializing in the development, production and marketing of yeasts and bacteria. The company is comprised of 11 major business units, each focused on specific applications of yeast and bacteria, with activities throughout worldwide. Administrative offices for the parent company are in Montreal, Canada. Today, Lallemand employs more than 4500 people working across more than 45 countries, on 5 continents.
Lallemand Baking offers a range of superior quality baker's yeast – both fresh and dry varieties – and specialty ingredients to meet bakers' needs across North America, Europe, the Middle East, and Africa. Baking cultures and dough conditioners round out our impressive product range.
The Lallemand baking team's many branches collaborate closely to provide innovative products and efficient services, backed by a skilled technical support team in each region of operations.
Please take note that accommodations will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.