From September 12, 2021
to December 31, 2021
Country or region
Production / Operations
As soon as possible
Permanent - Full time
Minimal required work experience
4 to 5 years
Minimal education level required
Primarily Monday - Friday day shift, with responsibility for 24/7 maintenance coverage.
Based on experience
Competitive social benefits
- Direct and prioritize the troubleshooting and repair of production equipment to minimize down time and maximize efficiency.
- Provide input for the maintenance department budget. Operate within established budgetary guidelines.
- Facilitate the purchasing and inventory process for spare parts through the UNIX system.
- Hire, train, develop, and evaluate maintenance department employees. Take corrective action, as necessary, in a timely manner and in accordance with company policy. Act as a communications liaison for plant management and maintenance personnel. Ensure compliance with current federal, state and local labor regulations.
- Contract with, organizes and supervise the work of outside contractors and vendors.
- Implement continuous process and equipment improvements to affect quality, efficiency, and production costs.
- Facilitate preventative maintenance activities through a coordinated effort with plant management to minimize lost production time.
- Comply with applicable environmental regulations, i.e. OSHA, and participate in quality system programs, including GMP, HACCP and ISO.
- Provides hands-on maintenance services when necessary.
- Strong mechanical aptitude, and a working knowledge of electrical, and mechanical systems
- Demonstrated trouble shooting and diagnostic skills.
- Knowledge of local building codes, OSHA regulations, and food safety regulations.
- Ability to develop and maintain productive and positive relationships with federal/state/local agencies, vendors, customers, and employees.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from internal/external customers.
- Ability to successfully negotiate contractual agreements by reading, analyzing, and interpreting complex documents.
- Strong organizational skills for the performance of a variety of complex administrative duties. Ability to prioritize tasks.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of supervision and management.
- Working knowledge of GMP, HACCP, Safety and ISO programs, along with basic understanding of pumps, conveyors, valves, PLC’s and variable frequency drives.
- Accuracy and attention to detail; logical and methodical approach to problem solving.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
Lallemand is a privately held Canadian company founded in the late 19th century, which develops, produces, and markets microorganisms for various markets. The administrative offices of the parent company are in Montreal, Canada. Today, Lallemand employs more than 4,500 people working in more than 45 countries on 5 continents.
Lallemand Baking offers a range of superior quality baker's yeast – both fresh and dry varieties – and specialty ingredients to meet bakers' needs across North America, Europe, the Middle East, and Africa. Baking cultures and dough conditioners round out our impressive product range.
The Lallemand baking team's many branches collaborate closely to provide innovative products and efficient services, backed by a skilled technical support team in each region of operations.
Please take note that accommodations will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.