Supervisor, Quality Control
Reporting to the Senior Director, Quality Control, the Supervisor, Quality Control is responsible for supervising the sector, participating in the organization and distribution of tasks in order to ensure the smooth running of operations.
- Ensure the smooth running of activities within quality control to ensure maximum efficiency;
- Supervise laboratory employees, perform their performance evaluation and support their progress within the company;
- Ensure that schedules are respected and ensure that deadlines are met;
- Approve production schedules based on product compatibility;
- Revise and approve the files in order to release the raw materials, the microbiological products, the products in process and the finished products;
- Issue certificates of analysis of manufactured products;
- Review and approve the registers and forms completed by the department;
- Manage and ensure the daily follow-up of problems related to quality and production in collaboration with the sectors concerned;
- Approve minor and major deviations, non-conformities (OOS) and change controls related to the sector, according to the quality policy;
- Ensure the monitoring of the compliance control of the calibrations and the proper functioning of the laboratory measurement and analysis devices;
- Follow up on the QC budget, in collaboration with the Senior Management, QC;
- Document any accident investigation according to the OHS policy;
- Implement corrective and preventive measures arising from deviations, change controls, non-conformities, accident investigations, etc .;
- Review and approve the analytical procedures and methods applicable to quality control;
- Inform the Senior CQ director of any problematic situation related to the department, both in terms of analyzes and human resources;
- Collaborate with other departments (production, quality assurance, planning and others);
- Ensure compliance with C-TPAT, BPF, BPL policies, internal procedures and health and safety regulations, within its sector;
- Maintain a healthy and harmonious work climate and ensure a safe work environment for employees;
- Participate in continuous improvement within the department;
- Participate in various special projects.
- Participate in all other related tasks.
- Excellent computer skills (Excel, Word and PowerPoint);
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, in French as well as in English;
- Have experience in supervision;
- Hold a college diploma in laboratory technique or related;
- Have work experience in the pharmaceutical or natural health products industry;
- Have at least seven (5) years of experience in microbiology;
- Good organizational skills, priority management, ability to make decisions and good stress management
- Teamwork oriented;
- Possess interpersonal skills and leadership;
Lallemand is a privately held Canadian company, founded at the end of the 19th century, specializing in the development, production and marketing of yeasts and bacteria. The company is comprised of 11 major business units, each focused on specific applications of yeast and bacteria, with activities throughout worldwide. Administrative offices for the parent company are in Montreal, Canada. Today, Lallemand employs more than 4500 people working across more than 45 countries, on 5 continents.
Lallemand Health Solutions specializes in the production of probiotics intended to serve the agri-food, parapharmaceutical, and pharmaceutical industries. With its manufacturing processes adhering to the highest standards of quality, the company provides probiotic strains that help millions of people improve their health and well-being.
On top of its extensive portfolio of ready-to-use probiotics (Lacidofil®, Probiokid®, Probio'Stick®, Protecflor®), the Health Solutions branch also tailor-makes unique formulas to respond to clients' unique needs. This process employs the Harmonium, Lafti®, or Rosell® strains.
The Lallemand Health Solutions team enjoys a stellar reputation, as one of the only companies that is authorized to produce the S.boulardii strain. Whether in North America, Europe, or Asia, your next pro-fessional challenge awaits you at Lallemand!
Please take note that accommodations will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.