- Responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair, and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and preventative maintenance systems and processes.
- Installs, starts up, maintains, and shuts down production equipment in accordance with company safety procedures for machine activation and shutdown and in line with OSHA requirements.
- Provides emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs during machine service.
- Performs simple machinist duties and responsibilities.
- Reads and interprets equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
- Completes and maintains company-required paperwork and maintenance records for identified equipment.
- Performs preventative maintenance functions on machines, equipment and plant facilities, as directed.
- Perform a variety of plumbing maintenance and carpentry functions.
- Completes required general sanitation and housekeeping duties in all assigned areas.
- Maintains tools in an orderly fashion and in a safe operating state.
Participates in the various Quality System programs including GMP/Sanitation, HACCP,
ISO, and Safety.
Assists and/or provides back-up coverage for Instrumentation Electrician and/or Pipe-
- Must be able to operate standard office equipment, including telephone, calculator, computer, printer, typewriter, fax, and copier.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, such as Word/Excel, and computerized “Work Order” system.
- Troubleshooting skills and mechanical aptitude. A thorough knowledge of the special instruments used for diagnostic purposes.
- Working knowledge of boilers, cooling towers, low and high air pressure blowers, and refrigeration compressors.
- Can work and troubleshoot electrical equipment
- Certified in the operation of steam boilers preferred.
- Accuracy and attention to detail; logical and methodical approach to problem solving.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from internal/external customers. Must be able to interface and communicate with line operators in order to assist with repairs and troubleshooting.
- Ability to develop and maintain productive and positive relationships with contractors, vendors and other employees.
- Ability to perform preventative maintenance, troubleshoot and/or repair pumps, valves, packaging machinery, clarifier/separators, agitators, and motors.
- Ability to climb, to work beneath machines and in close quarters performing analyses and repair work.
- This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it was not meant to be all-inclusive of the tasks that may be assigned.
- Work requires occasional exposure to the elements and seasonal changes in temperature.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is: frequently required to sit, talk, and hear; occasionally required to walk and stand; regularly uses hands and fingers to feel, handle, or operate objects, tools, or controls; constantly reaches with hands and arms; occasionally lifts and/or moves up to 50 pounds; regularly uses close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work is conducted in a typical manufacturing environment, permeated by the aroma of yeast.
- Work in the manufacturing plant requires hearing protection.
Lallemand is a privately held Canadian company founded in the late 19th century, which develops, produces, and markets microorganisms for various markets. The administrative offices of the parent company are in Montreal, Canada. Today, Lallemand employs more than 4,500 people working in more than 45 countries on 5 continents.
Lallemand Baking offers a range of superior quality baker's yeast – both fresh and dry varieties – and specialty ingredients to meet bakers' needs across North America, Europe, the Middle East, and Africa. Baking cultures and dough conditioners round out our impressive product range.
The Lallemand baking team's many branches collaborate closely to provide innovative products and efficient services, backed by a skilled technical support team in each region of operations.
Please take note that accommodations will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.