Responsible for the management and support of key projects from inception to completion. Projects can range from plant remodels, new plant or warehouse construction, the redesigning of existing manufacturing lines, installation of new manufacturing lines, focused improvement (FI) initiatives, as well as creation and completion of detailed cost savings projects.
Apply the principles of process engineering to achieve process improvements through methods, manpower, machinery and materials.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Oversee assigned projects to include the management of project resources, project budgets and forecasting, schedule management, project engineering, integration, installation, start-up and project closure. Ensure successful execution of all assigned projects, from concept to start-up.
- Facilitate the project management process to help define project scope, goals and deliverables.
- Plan and schedule project timelines.
- Present reports defining project progress, problems and solutions.
- Ensure equipment, materials and project results are of anticipated quality standards, including sanitary design.
- Identify areas for improvement and recommend real time solutions.
- Participate in budget management to include development and forecasting.
- Assist in the design and layout of plants & manufacturing lines and in the assessment of new/modified equipment.
- Ensure effective and timely communication to all project stakeholders to include contractors, corporate and plant cross-functional teams and management.
- Utilize and develop best practices that can be redeployed throughout the company.
- Review the methods of a given process to identify and establish the preferred way to reduce labor costs, increase productivity, reduce operational variances, enhance product quality and improve overhead utilization.
- Confers with management and engineering staff to implement plans and recommendations.
- Recommends methods for improving worker efficiency and reducing waste of materials and utilities such as restructuring job duties, reorganizing work flow, relocation work stations and equipment, and purchase of equipment.
- Establish a project such as cost reduction, people flow, process improvement through material flow, systems improvements in areas of work order processing and supervise the project assignments through the completion proving out the results.
- Analyzes work force utilization, facility layout, and operational data such as production costs, process flow charts, and production schedules, to determine efficient utilization of workers and equipment.
- Develops management systems for cost analysis, financial planning, wage and job evaluations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of this position.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent technical degree
- Minimum of three years of project management experience
- Experience in the food, beverage, dairy and/or brewery industries is preferred
- Possess a strong understanding of Lean and/or Six Sigma methodologies
- Demonstrated process orientation and ability to communicate effectively within project team (core and extended team)
- Must have good electrical and mechanical knowledge and hands on work on equipment
- Lean or Six Sigma Certification is preferred. PMP or equivalent certification is preferred
- Proven ability to negotiate effectively to produce positive results
- Ability to think outside of the box and understand the broad category needs
- Ability to apply effective communication skills, both written and verbal, in all directions and to multiple levels of experience
- Able to work in extreme heat and/or cold environments for extended periods of time
- Must possess a customer focus approach
- Ability to effectively drive for results that meet project timelines and deliverables
- At times travel within the United States will be required
- REQUIRED TRAINING This position requires training on Good Manufacturing Practices critical to the effective implementation of the Food Safety Plan and the maintenance of food safety, quality and process efficiency. Training is also required on how to identify food safety issues such as temperature control, cross-contamination, sanitation and cleanliness of the lines, etc., critical to the effective implementation of the Food Safety Plan and the maintenance of food safety, quality and process efficiency.
- WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts; extreme cold (non-weather) and risk of electrical shock. The associate is occasionally exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather). The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the associate must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. While performing the duties of this Job, the associate is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The associate is frequently required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The associate is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance.
Lallemand is a privately held Canadian company founded in the late 19th century, which develops, produces, and markets microorganisms for various markets. The administrative offices of the parent company are in Montreal, Canada. Today, Lallemand employs more than 4,500 people working in more than 45 countries on 5 continents.
Lallemand Baking offers a range of superior quality baker's yeast – both fresh and dry varieties – and specialty ingredients to meet bakers' needs across North America, Europe, the Middle East, and Africa. Baking cultures and dough conditioners round out our impressive product range.
The Lallemand baking team's many branches collaborate closely to provide innovative products and efficient services, backed by a skilled technical support team in each region of operations.
Please take note that accommodations will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.