Senior Platform and Network Administrator
Our Infrastructure Platform and Network team is looking for key member to join our team to ensure operational excellence in supporting our vast array of platform at Lallemand. This is a key position to support / monitor and provide upgrade support to all our platforms.
- Lead key IT Projects is the design and execution of new Network and Infrastructure needs
- Provide Level 3 Support to the rest of the organization
- Provide knowledge transfer to operations after designing new systems
- Provide day-to-day support for platform and network operation requests.
- Maintain and support all network hardware, including switches, firewalls, and access points.
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot HP / Dell servers.
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot Windows Server (2008 – 2019)
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot VMware Platform
- Continuously monitor the capacity and performance of the company's IT resources network, servers, storage, etc.
- Communicate to the manager with efficiency and accuracy any progress and/or delays. Engage in outside‐the‐box thinking to provide high value‐of‐service.
- Provide after-hours on-call support and other duties as assigned.
- Analyze, recommend, and implement new technologies and improvements to infrastructure.
- Perform thorough technical analysis of any incident on Microsoft, Linux, network infrastructure, and in-house systems and escalate/liaise with other teams/departments, when necessary, to resolve an incident.
- Identify service restoration automation opportunities and apply automated response via scripted methods
- Work with all IT teams to achieve our SLO
- Willing to travel to our offices around the world for maintenance, installation.
- 10+ years working experience and strong knowledge in a networking environment (Windows 2003/2008/2012 server and Linux RHEL) with Active Directory in a multi-server’s environment.
- 10+ years’ experience and in-depth knowledge of networking technologies including Cisco, Firewalls, Wireless, Layer 2-3 equipment’s, DHCP, DNS, and LAN security procedures.
- 10+ years’ experience in infrastructure support, design, migration and or implementation of Microsoft technologies including Active Directory.
- 10+ years’ experience in virtualization using VMware platform and VMware vCenter.
- Working knowledge of application servers and their services MS Exchange, IIS, Apache, Citrix, cPanel, etc.
- 3+ Years’ Experience with PowerShell /Terraform Scripting.
- Experience with RHEL, or other Linux Distros.
- Knowledge of SolarWinds, or similar monitoring platforms.
- Working knowledge PowerBI / Power Automate Experience.
- Working knowledge performing security tasks and backup procedures.
- French, Spanish, Portuguese
- Sense of initiative, resourcefulness, and autonomy.
- Great team spirit; team player.
- Work efficiently / Organized / Good time management.
- Strong technical aptitude and experience with a wide variety of technologies.
- Ability to rapidly learn and if required evaluate a new tools or technology.
- Demonstrated technical innovative leadership experience.
- Must have a strong customer and quality focus.
- Be able to work occasionally under pressure.
- Willing to travel to our offices around the world for projects, maintenance, installation, and meetings. Valid passport required.
Lallemand is a privately held Canadian company founded in the late 19th century, which develops, produces, and markets microorganisms for various markets. The administrative offices of the parent company are in Montreal, Canada. Today, Lallemand employs more than 4,500 people working in more than 45 countries on 5 continents.
Lallemand's corporate division encompasses all of the support services offered to our branches. Its goal is to optimize internal processes, ensure that your operation is running smoothly, and that your strategy is well thought-out.
Our corporate branch's head office is located in Montreal, Canada, and relies on a team that specializes in: Management; Finance and accounting; Engineering; Research and Development (R&D); Human Resources (HR); and Information Technology (IT). If you want to help bring enthusiasm, collaboration and innovation to our workplace, we'd love to get to know you!
Please take note that accommodations will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.