Quality Assurance Manager
The Quality Assurance (QA) Manager oversees all the site’s activities and tasks related to quality, food safety and compliance. They are responsible for maintaining and implementing programs under our Business Management System that promote and ensure adherence to internal and external quality, food safety and compliance requirements.
- Promotes a culture of food safety, as well as a ‘’bottom-up’’ communication approach at the site when it comes to quality, with employees of all levels.
- Maintains, improves, and implement the site’s Business Management System.
- Manages document control and updates the site’s procedures, instructions, and forms on the Safety Chain platform.
- Oversees and updates the site’s training curriculum on the Alchemy platform to ensure timely completion.
- Leads the planning, coordination, execution and closure of all site audits (internal audits, GMP inspections, external audits, etc.) and promotes the implication of a multidisciplinary team.
- Facilitates the investigation and closure of issues (complaints, non-conformities, audit and inspection findings, supplier incidents, and other process failures) to determine and address root causes with corrective and preventive actions (CAPA).
- Follows up on open non-conformities and corrective/preventive action (CAPA) plans to ensure timely closure. Shares best practices, corrective and preventive actions as well as process improvements ideas with other sites quality manager.
- Delivers training and coaching to develop and raise all employees’ competence levels in quality and food safety.
- Follows site quality key performance indicators (KPI’s) (such as product and process results, complaints, non-conformities, training completion, etc.) to detect trends and communicates with multidisciplinary team to develop action plans.
- Collaborates to food safety and quality risk assessments and proactively identifies control measures.
- Assesses and approves site suppliers (raw materials and service providers) against standard criteria through the collection and review of documents as well as through conducting on-site audits as needed.
- Is the site’s appointed food defense coordinator, recall coordinator, HACCP team leader, and Preventive Controls Qualified Individual (PCQI) (or ensures a competent designate assumes these roles).
- Supports the laboratory manager as needed and is their backup.
- A quality, food safety mindset;
- Strong communication skills with the ability to positively influence others;
- Attention to detail, critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain productive and positive relationships.
- Ability to work in a plant, office, and laboratory settings.
- Must be available to provide support during off hours for emergencies
Lallemand is a privately held Canadian company founded in the late 19th century, which develops, produces, and markets microorganisms for various markets. The administrative offices of the parent company are in Montreal, Canada. Today, Lallemand employs more than 5,000 people working in more than 45 countries on 5 continents.
Lallemand Baking offers a range of superior quality baker's yeast – both fresh and dry varieties – and specialty ingredients to meet bakers' needs across North America, Europe, the Middle East, and Africa. Baking cultures and dough conditioners round out our impressive product range.
The Lallemand baking team's many branches collaborate closely to provide innovative products and efficient services, backed by a skilled technical support team in each region of operations.
Please take note that accommodations will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.