R&D projects manager (F/M)
In order to support the Animal Nutrition (LAN) business unit’s development, LALLEMAND SAS is seeking a Data scientist R&D.
The successful candidate should be able to bridge the gaps between biology and data as well as between research and application.
Part of the R&D team, the Project leader will have the following roles and responsibilities:
- Management of a selected number of R&D projects involving high throughput collected data in animal production and health:
- Investigate animal physiology, disease and , dietary conditions by modelling animal response using statistical and machine learning techniques to analyze large datasets (time series data collected via sensors in both experimental conditions and on-farm): extract insights, and create predictive models of the animal response.
- Create and utilize data visualization in the form of reports, dashboards, and presentations.
- Support to statistical analysis of research studies.
- Propose innovative approaches in data analysis process in collaboration with other team members.
- Understand the needs from the Animal Nutrition team and propose new research ideas, approaches and/or new methodologies using data.
- Support to design new experiments involving big data collection.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest advancements in the field of data science.
- Coordination of data management:
- Maintenance of databases and existing pipelines.
- Preprocess and clean raw sensors data, ensuring data quality and integrity.
- Collaborate with scientists and technical team to design experiments and optimize data acquisition protocols.
- Development of dashboards, application to transform data into information for the technical team.
- High level proficiency in programming language such as R/Shiny, Python, SQL: Significant experience in at least one programming or scripting language and at least one statistical package, with R preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to process large quantities of data, summarize key findings, and present effectively to team members, senior leadership and internal customers
- Comfortable with experimental designs and statistical analyses
- Proficient in English (writing and speaking)
- MSc in bioinformatics, biostatistics/mathematics (with a background in biological sciences).
- A PhD in life sciences or bioinformatics will be preferred
- Competence in data modelling
- Autonomous and prone to team work
- Ability to present/ communicate main concepts to non-specialized audience
- Business minded
- Be a force of proposition
- Enthusiastic and energetic team player, with experience of working as part of a Multi-Disciplinary team
Lallemand is a privately held Canadian company founded in the late 19th century, which develops, produces, and markets microorganisms for various markets. The administrative offices of the parent company are in Montreal, Canada. Today, Lallemand employs more than 5,000 people working in more than 45 countries on 5 continents.
Lallemand Animal Nutrition is committed to optimizing animal performance and wellbeing with specific microbial product and service solutions. We develop, produce and market silage additives, probiotics, antioxidants and yeast derivatives for animal nutrition, as well as microbial solutions for animal environment. We serve all livestock markets: ruminant, swine, poultry, aquaculture as well as equine and companion animals. We like to define ourselves as a “field-led science supported” company. As such, our solutions are supported by a strong commitment to R&D and technical support with a team of experts in the field. Our solutions are marketed in over 80 countries around the world, through our own sales teams or local distributors.
Please take note that accommodations will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.